Planning for Summer 2013 – We have a new home!!!07 Dec 2012, Posted by Uncategorized in
Dear Campers, Families and Friends,
We hope you have had a wonderful fall season! As we all move forward into our busy lives we hope the memories of the past summer have made you smile and that the good times that we shared are close to your heart.
The Camp Advisory Committee has been extremely busy planning for Summer 2013 and we have lots of news to share with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1) We have a NEW HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are beyond excited to announce our new home at Camp Wenonah in Bracebridge, Ontario, an Ontario Camping Asssociation accredited camp. To learn more about the incredible facility, prorgamming, and our amazing new campsite go to: .http://www.campwenonah.com/ . We are proud to be growing, offering enhanced programming, new activities, and providing camp to children ages 8-18 living with organ transplants and end stage organ failure to more children then ever. We will be expanding across Ontario, and outside of Ontario. We will be providing more information, camper registration forms, and will have our own webpage up and running soon!!! Stay tuned to emails for more details.
2) We have a date!! Camp will be held this summer from Sunday Aug 11 – Saturday Aug 17, 2013
3) We have a new name!!! Transplant camp will now be called “Camp Kivita“ – Living Life with organ failure and organ transplants!!
4) Our outsanding Camp Team for 2013 – The Camp Advisory Committee is thrilled to have the support of our incredible nursing and support team once again for 2013 – Jaina, Lindsay K, Lindsay C, Caren, Wendy, Degen, Bernie, Blake, and more to be announced.
5) Importantly, we are so very grateful for our ongoing partnership with the Citron family – Ken’s Fund, in memory of Dr. Ken Citron, and the Kidney Foundation who continue to be instrumental as donors and supporters of camp, and many other individual friends and donors – we could not do it without you!!!!!!!!
It is such an incredible joy and honour to be able to work towards such a phenomenal camp experience and we know Summer 2013 will be our biggest and best summer yet. If you would like to get involved please do not hesitate to contact any of us on the Camp Advisory Committee at: email@example.com, we have listed our primariy roles so that you can direct your questions.
Yours in Camping!!
Stacey (Fundraising and Publicity) & Emily (Operations and Programming) & Christina (Medical)